This healthy vegan side dish was provided by the folks over at Nugget Market. It can also be served in a roasted pepper or squash for a fun, holiday, Jack-O-Lantern effect! Here's what you need to know:
- 1 ½ cups Quinoa
- 4 cups Water
- 1 ea Red Bell Pepper, small dice
- ½ cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 ea green onion, sliced
- 1 tblsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tblsp italian parsley, chopped
- 1 oz EVOO
- 3 oz Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium pot.
2. Add quinoa, stir, reduce heat and cover to simmer for approx. 15 minutes.
3. Whisk together, oil, vinegar and mustard in a large work bowl.
4. Add cooked quinoa and remaining ingredients and toss well.
5. Enjoy warm or chilled.
- Yield: 3 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes