Winter has packed its bags and made way for summer, which has officially arrived in Elk Grove. There are numerous things associated with summer- days at the beach, backyard barbecues, roasting hot weather, and such.
A vast number of important holidays take place in the summer as well, like the fourth of July. However, there are also a lot of lesser-known, often humorous, holidays in the summer, like the Elk Grove recently celebrated on June 1st. Here's a few of the strange holidays that are happening this month:
- June 9th: Donald Duck Day
- June 10th: Ball Point Pen Day (also Iced Tea Day!)
- June 11th: Corn on the Cob Day
- June 12th: National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
- June 16th: Fudge Day (also Recess at Work Day- seems like a pretty good day)
- June 19th: Garfield the Cat Day
- June 22nd: Take Your Dog to Work Day
- June 23rd: Pink Flamingo Day
- June 28th: National Handshake Day
There's a holiday for just about anything this month! Happy June!