Each decade is full of famous figures who greatly impact pop culture—the '60s had the Beatles, the '70s had Springsteen, and the '80s had Michael Jackson. It's clear that this decade has already made its mark, with trends ranging from social-networking to Abercrombie and Fitch. But just who in the 21st century influences pop culture the most? Here's a list of just five people who have greatly influenced technology, music, film, literature, and the media:
1. Mark Zuckerberg: In addition to creating Facebook, Zuckerberg was named person of the year by Time in 2010 and is one of the world's youngest billionaires.
2. Lady Gaga: Since making her debut in 2008 with her album The Fame, Lady Gaga has been named the "Queen of Pop" by Rolling Stone, released two additional chart-topping albums and begun charities such as the "Born This Way Foundation."
3. Ellen Degeneres: Apart from hosting one of the most popular talk shows in America, Ellen has started a record label, helped other stars rise to fame, and spoken out against issues like bullying.
4. Daniel Radcliffe: He made Harry Potter come to life on the big screen, starred on Broadway, and took on roles in films like The Woman in Black.
5. Stephanie Meyer: The best-selling Twilight books spawned five movies and made stars like Robert Pattison and Kristen Stewart household names.
Who are your picks for top 21st-century pop icons?