Five people were arrested in Elk Grove earlier this month as part of an 80-officer sweep throughout the Sacramento area to check on probationers and parolees. Two people were arrested in Sacramento.
"The goal of 'Operation SNAG 2012' was to conduct parole/probation searches focusing on documented gang members, individuals on high supervision and those with prior weapons history," the Elk Grove Police Department said in a press release.
The operation was held on Oct. 4, and involved the Elk Grove Police Department, the Sacramento Police Department, the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department, the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and the Sacramento County Probation Department. Those officers visited more than 120 locations, visited 90 people and made seven arrests, according to the press release.
"Officers also recovered four firearms, approximately three pounds of processed marijuana, hundreds of marijuana plants, approximately seven grams of methamphetamine, prescription narcotics (oxycodone and vicodin) and over $16,000.00 in U.S. currency during the operations," the press release states.
Of suspects arrested, the people arrested or cited in Elk Grove were:
- Roscoe Eugene Snead, 28, arrested on warrants
- Gary Moore, 58, received a misdemeanor citation for gun sale charges
- Jose Luis Herrera, 18, arrested on charges of obstructing or resisting an officer
- Herlinda Minjares, 42, arrested on charges of removing the identification from a gun and charges of paying, offering or receiving money to place a child for adoption or agreement to adopt a child
- Angelo Balderas, 20, arrested on charges of violating probation
- Justin Wares, 30, arrested on a warrant