Elk Grove volunteers now have a new way to serve their community.
During his State of the City address Friday, Elk Grove Mayor Gary Davis announced the launch of Serve Elk Grove, a new group focused on connecting volunteers and organizations in need of help.
"Serve Elk Grove is the hub for connecting people with needs by making it easy to both find service project opportunities and to post service needs," the group's website states. "Additionally, Serve Elk Grove works cooperatively with other nonprofit organizations in Elk Grove to identify opportunities to share resources and opportunities."
The group's board members are:
- Gary Davis, Mayor, City of Elk Grove
- Barry Smith, Impact Community Church
- Dr. Richard Pan, State Assembly Member
- Steve Ly, EGUSD School Board Member
- Kerri Thomas, Sutter Hospital
- Alan Lange, Hands On Sacramento
Check back for more information on this group and Davis' State of the City address.