A new official could join the Elk Grove City Council as soon as Wednesday.
The only regular agenda item on this week's council meeting is the appointment of a new council member to fill the District 4 vacancy left when Gary Davis was elected mayor.
Six qualified applicants are in the running for the position:
- Edward J. Busuttil, a San Joaquin County Asisstant District Attorney
- Nancy D. Chaires, an Elk Grove Planning Commissioner
- David Conner, the CEO of RECON Networking, Inc.
- LaWanna Montgomery, a recent mayoral candidate
- Oscar O'con, a business consultant who is involved in several Elk Grove organizations
- Jeffrey Sherwood Owen, a youth soccer coach and Vice President of Operations at School Innovations & Advocacy
If the council is to appoint someone, it must do so within 60 days of the vacancy being created: The last regularly scheduled meeting for that is Jan. 23.