With the deadline to apply just a couple days away, seven people have applied to be the next person to represent District 4 on the Elk Grove City Council.
The application period closes at 5 p.m. Wednesday. The applicants have been invited to a forum at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 5 at city hall; the council could choose a new council member as soon as Jan. 9.
The applicants as of Monday are:
- Edward J. Busuttil, a San Joaquin County Asisstant District Attorney
- Nancy D. Chaires, an Elk Grove Planning Commissioner
- David Conner, the CEO of RECON Networking, Inc.
- Marc Foster, the Director of Analytics at Micromidas Corp.
- LaWanna Montgomery, a recent mayoral candidate
- Oscar O'con, a business consultant who is involved in several Elk Grove organizations
- James White, a web designer and former city council candidate
To apply, visit http://www.elkgrovecity.org/council/member-vacancies.asp.
What questions do you have for these applicants? Tell us in the comments section below.