Here are some options for recycling your Christmas Tree, courtesy of the City of Elk Grove:
- Option 1: Leave your Christmas tree curbside next to your grey green waste cart by 6 a.m. the weeks of December 26th, January 9th and January 23rd. If your tree is longer than six feet, please cut it into 3-foot or shorter pieces.
- Option 2: After cutting your tree into 3-foot or shorter pieces, place your tree in your grey green waste cart. Make sure the trimmed pieces fit completely into the cart with the lid closed.
- Option 3: Take your Christmas tree, free of charge, to the Elder Creek Transfer and Recovery Station at 8642 Elder Creek Road, Sacramento, between Florin-Perkins Road and Watt Avenue.
Preparing Your Christmas Tree for Recycling:
- Cut trees longer than 6 feet into 3-foot or shorter pieces.
- Remove trees from stands or plastic bags.
- Remove ornaments, lights, nails, tinsel and metal rod supports from trees.
- Artificial, flocked or “live” trees with root balls will not be accepted.
If you have questions, you can call Allied Waste at (916) 635-2500 or email the city at firstname.lastname@example.org