Out of 10 people who at one point applied for a vacant seat on the Elk Grove City Council, six remain in the running.
The Elk Grove City Council will appoint one of those six to fill the District 4 seat vacated by now-Mayor Gary Davis.
The applicants will appear at a forum hosted by the League of Women Voters at 6 p.m. on Saturday. It will be held in the City Council Chambers, 8400 Laguna Palms Way.
After two candidates withdrew their names from the running and two were found to not be living in District 4, the remaining candidates are:
- Edward J. Busuttil, a San Joaquin County Asisstant District Attorney
- Nancy D. Chaires, an Elk Grove Planning Commissioner
- David Conner, the CEO of RECON Networking, Inc.
- LaWanna Montgomery, a recent mayoral candidate
- Oscar O'con, a business consultant who is involved in several Elk Grove organizations
- Jeffrey Sherwood Owen, a youth soccer coach and Vice President of Operations at School Innovations & Advocacy
The council will meet on Jan. 9, and could appoint a new council member then.